If you have a large cavity or are about to undergo a restorative dental treatment, Dr. Hoffman may recommend a dental crown to help seal and protect the affected tooth. We proudly offer the very best dental crowns in Menlo Park because ours are made with comfort, esthetics, and durability in mind!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also known as tooth caps and tooth crowns, are ultra-durable dental restorations made to reinforce a tooth's entire surface area. Though they can be fabricated from a range of materials, ours are always custom-shaded and custom-shaped to match the look of the rest of the teeth.
Crowns are used for a variety of reasons, from covering up large cavities caused by decay, to treating a dental injury, or to complementing a dental treatment, like dental implant surgery. No matter your reason, your dental crown will be made just for you - with comfort and appearance in mind!
Who Needs Dental Crowns?
If you have suffered an injury or have undergone a procedure that has compromised the strength of your tooth, you're likely a great candidate for a dental crown. Other reasons include:
- Large cavity. Cavities, cracks, and breaks could cause infections when left untreated. Crowns cover these vulnerable spots, keeping them healthy for years to come.
- Following a dental procedure. Treatments like dental implant surgery and root canals require the placement of dental crowns.
- Loose crown. If your existing crown has loosened or fallen off, our team will assess it to determine if it's intact enough to be recemented.
- Esthetic complaints. Did you know that dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic purposes? Ask Dr. Hoffman how he can use a crown to mask a cracked or discolored tooth.
How Much Do Tooth Crowns Cost?
Your total dental crown cost will depend on a number of factors including:
- The number of dental crowns required
- If any preliminary procedures are required
- The materials used to craft your crown
- The terms of your dental insurance
We pride ourselves on offering the top affordable restorative treatments. If you need help managing your total tooth crown cost, we work with CareCredit®, a third-party financing solution that offers no-interest and low-interest payment plans. We also accept a wide range of dental insurance plans, too!
Durable Dental Crowns for a Healthier Smile!
Call us today to get the luminous dental crown you deserve.